- Sample Type: Blood
- Report: Partial Same Day / Advance test within 72 hours
- Fasting is required for Minimum 9 hours.
- Report Availability: Online or via Email
FOLLICLE-STIMULATING HORMONE ( FSH )
Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) is an important part of the reproductive system. It’s responsible for the growth of ovarian follicles. Follicles produce estrogen and progesterone in the ovaries and help maintain the menstrual cycles in women. In men, FSH is a part of the development of the gonads as well as sperm production.
LUTEINIZING HORMONE ( LH )
Luteinizing hormone (LH) is an important hormone both men and women produce. This hormone is known as a gonadotropin, and it affects the sex organs in both men and women. For women, it affects ovaries, and in men, it affects the testes. LH plays a role in puberty, menstruation, and fertility.
Prolactin is produced by the pituitary gland in the brain. It’s also known as PRL or lactogenic hormone. Prolactin is mainly used to help women produce milk after childbirth.
Your fasting insulin level reflects how healthy your blood glucose levels are over time. Insulin helps sugar move from your blood into your cells, where it can be used or stored. Chronically elevated blood glucose leads to insulin resistance and numerous chronic diseases, including diabetes and heart disease.
In women, concentrations of DHEAS are often measured, along with other hormones such as FSH, LH, prolactin, estrogen, and testosterone, to help diagnose polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and to help rule out other causes of infertility, lack of menstrual period (amenorrhea), and presence of excess facial and body hair (hirsutism).
An estradiol test is a blood test that measures the amount of estradiol in your blood. It’s also called an E2 test. Estradiol is a form of the hormone estrogen, and it’s also called “17 beta-estradiol.” The ovaries, breasts, and adrenal glands make estradiol
TESTOSTERONE TOTAL & FREE
- Testosterone is a sex hormone that plays an important role in the health of both men and women.
- Your doctor may order a testosterone level test if they suspect you may have too much or too little testosterone in your body.
- A testosterone level test is a simple blood draw that doesn’t require much preparation.
A testosterone level test measures the amount of testosterone in the blood and is reported as nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL). It’s also known as a serum testosterone test.
Testosterone is an androgen, or a sex hormone, produced by both males and females. It plays a role in puberty and fertility. It also affects sexual desire
Sugar ( Fasting )
A blood glucose test measures the amount of a Sugar called glucose in a sample of your blood. Glucose is a major source of energy for most cells of the body, including brain cells.
Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone Test ( TSH )
- The thyroid gland helps regulate many important processes in your body, including metabolism. It’s controlled by the thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH).
- A TSH test measures the amount of TSH in your blood. Your doctor may order the test if you’re showing symptoms of a thyroid disorder.
- The results of a TSH test can confirm a diagnosis and help your doctor determine an effective treatment plan for a particular condition